A Long Tradition of Retirement Housing & Personal Care
Asbury Heights has provided seniors of all ages and abilities with quality, compassionate care for more than 100 years.
Founded in 1908 by Frances Campbell Hamilton, Asbury Heights has grown from an 18-person residence in Dravosburg, Pennsylvania, to a 27-acre, park-like campus in Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania, six miles south of downtown Pittsburgh.
As the needs and demographics of our service area changed, Asbury Heights changed with them. In 1987, we constructed additional independent senior living apartments, a second nursing home living facility and the Asbury Mall. In 1994, we completed the Wesley Hills carriage homes along Bower Hill Road, and in 1997 we added Asbury Place, a secure yet unconfined personal care community for residents with Alzheimer’s and other memory disorders.
In response to the aging population’s request for a different level of long term care, Asbury Heights added Asbury Villas, personal care apartments, in 2001. With no additional developable land available on Asbury’s main campus, the Board of Directors purchased and renovated The Embassy, an independent senior living luxury apartment building on Beverly Road, in 2006.
Today, Asbury Heights continues to meet the ever-changing needs of western Pennsylvania seniors with the continuation of Frances Campbell Hamilton's original mission – to improve the lives of older adults through high-quality and compassionate care.